ContraPloy Card Game - How to Play
This is not so much a game of grand strategy, as one of seizing tactical opportunities. Here are some general principles:
- Hidden cards are more valuable than exposed cards.
- Cards with good terrain in front of them are more valuable than cards with bad terrain in front of them.
- All things being equal, try to exchange less valuable cards for more valuable cards.
- Try not to pile too many cards onto the board. You are relinquishing your stealth.
- Avoid predictability. When an opposing card approaches, sometimes attack it; sometimes refrain from attacking.
- Observe the defeated & removed cards. If your opponent has few cards remaining of a certain color, try to engage him on that color.
- Likewise, try to balance your card usage, so that you do not become weak in a color.
Copyright 2021 Jim Swift